How To Choose A Rehab Program In Mississippi
All drug and alcohol rehab programs aren’t alike, and “one size” doesn’t fit everyone’s needs. Seek a program with experienced, qualified staff members that offer a variety of services, including:
- Evidence-based group and individual therapy: Therapy methods like dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) are backed by research and proven to be effective.
- Accreditation: Accredited by independent organizations including CARF and The Joint Commission
- A continuum of care: From start to finish, treatment offers a full range of services, including alumni programs and aftercare planning.
- Individualized treatment programs: Treatment is tailored and adjusted to your needs and situation, which is determined by an initial assessment.
- Co-occurring substance use and mental health treatment: Multidisciplinary staff members collaborate to address any underlying mental health needs.
Addiction Treatment In Mississippi
Mississippi has approximately 250 different drug and alcohol rehab programs which are included in the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and Mississippi state resource directories.
Mississippi provides funding for Community Mental Health Centers (CMHCs) located in the state’s 14 mental health and substance use disorder service areas.
Mississippi has a goal of providing quality care for drug and alcohol recovery, from assessment and detox services through residential treatment, sober living homes, and support for recovery.
Vertava Health of Mississippi in Southaven offers an initial assessment, as well as:
- Detox services
- Short-term and long-term inpatient programs
- Outpatient programs
- Medication-assisted treatment
Medically-Supervised Detox Programs
Detox helps you cope with the physical symptoms of withdrawal from drugs or alcohol. Withdrawal symptoms range from mild to severe. While you’re detoxing from drugs or alcohol, you can experience severe cravings.
Medically-supervised detox services are important for protecting your health and helping you cope with withdrawal symptoms. You can receive medication that can ease uncomfortable symptoms. Detox can be offered as part of residential rehab or through outpatient services.
Inpatient Addiction Treatment
Inpatient treatment programs offer you the opportunity to focus completely on your recovery in a substance-free environment. You can benefit from 24-hours of care a day during treatment.
Residential care provides support for people with co-occurring disorders, including anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and PTSD. Inpatient treatment can also include experiences that can contribute to recovery, including anger management, art, and music therapy.
Outpatient Addiction Treatment
If you’re living in a supportive and drug- and alcohol-free environment, an outpatient program could help you recover from a substance use disorder. Outpatient programs are more or less intense, depending on how many times they meet per week, and how long meetings last.
Once you complete an inpatient program at Vertava Health of Mississippi, you’ll receive outpatient services as part of your recovery plan. These services are likely to combine counseling with peer group support and education about wellness and addiction.
You may have heard about medication-assisted treatment (MAT) or know someone who has participated. MAT blends FDA-approved medications like naltrexone and buprenorphine with group and individual counseling.
MAT can be part of a residential treatment program. It can also be offered on an outpatient basis in the community. It’s offered exclusively for opioid and alcohol use disorders.
Paying For Treatment
Mississippi offers drug, alcohol, and mental health services through its community mental health centers (CMHCs) and state-run hospitals. Some programs accept Medicare and Medicaid, while others accept private health insurance.
You can also find programs that charge fees based on a sliding fee scale or offers discounts or payment plans.
Substance Abuse Trends In Mississippi
- According to America’s Health Rankings, Mississippi’s rate of 12.1 accidental drug deaths per 100,000 residents in 2019 was number seven out of the 50 states.
- Nearly 14 percent of adults in Mississippi engaged in excessive drinking in 2019.
- Mississippi ranks 49th out of the 50 states in premature death, a statistic that includes accidental drug overdoses and fatal drug and alcohol-involved car accidents.
- Almost 60 people died of an accidental drug overdose in Mississippi between April and June 2019.
Consider Vertava Health Of Mississippi For Treatment
Vertava Health of Mississippi is a holistic, accredited drug and alcohol treatment center located in the Memphis area. At Vertava Health of Mississippi, we provide evidence-based treatment based on an individualized treatment model that responds to your needs.
We offer a full continuum of care and want to make sure you feel loved and cared for. Our serene welcoming center even offers sober experiences that can boost your spirits and your recovery, including pet therapy and art therapy.
For more information, contact Vertava Health of Mississippi today.